The Hardee County Education System is the essence of our community. The Hardee Senior High school is leading the way in implementing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
Science Fair Successes: 3 years ago Hardee Senior High School began participating in District and Regional Science Fair. Since then, our students have earned the opportunity to compete at the State Science and Engineering Fair 24 times and International Science Fair 9 times.
We have increased the number of rigorous classes being offered to students including advanced placement (AP) Environmental Science, Human Anatomy and Physiology Honors, Agricultural Biotechnology 2, and Animal Biotechnology 3.
Hardee Senior High School offers the following Career/Technology Certifications: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Agriculture Technology, Culinary Arts Servsafe, NCCER (National Center for Construction Education & Research) Construction, DCF (Department of Children and Families), Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Access.
STEM Scholars program – In its 3rd year, this program was established to provide opportunities for the most gifted and talented students at Hardee Senior High to participate in programs related to science, technology, engineering, and math. Program highlights include:
- STEM Forums at Florida Gulf Coast University, Polk State College, Edison State College, South Florida State College, and Indian River State College.
- Aeronautics Program at Sebring Airport and Crime Scene Investigation by the Highlands County Sheriff’s Department
- Summer Camps at University of Florida, Florida Gulf Coast University, and Indian River State College
- Field Internships at the Range Cattle Research Facility and Center for Great Apes
- Opportunities to mentor 5th grade elementary students with Science Fair projects
- Create and present a program on Great Apes to 4th grade elementary students